Tuesday, February 01, 2011

January update- a wee bit late!

Dear Friends & Family, January 31, 2011

Well, this has been one crazy Fall! Maybe ‘crazy’ isn’t the right word; I suppose it’s just not what I expected it to be. When I wrote to you in September, I was planning to spend the next three months helping my sister, Beth, and her family move to their tribal location in Mexico. The Lord had other plans! Instead of moving to the tribe, the Eversons felt the Lord was directing them back to NH. So, instead of moving across Mexico, we moved across the USA, and, after 52 hours in the car (with a loaded trailer, roof box, 7 people, and a dog!) we were ALL so thankful to see home! Even though the trip was a bit different than I expected, I was still able to get a good look at Mexican culture. I met some great people, made a few new friends, and found that chili peppers aren’t all that bad!

This past month has been busy enjoying being at home, reconnecting, and trying out my new culinary talents on friends and family; so far everyone has enjoyed the results.
Also, I have been getting ready to travel once again, this time to Indonesia. My sister, Ruth, and her family are missionaries in that area. They have recently moved and Ruth is expecting their 4th child, so for about 3 months, I will be helping them settle in, and adjust to life with four kids in a foreign country.

Through the process of purchasing plane tickets, figuring out layovers, and finalizing my visa paperwork, I have decided I NEVER want to be a travel agent! It’s a nerve wracking thing, trying to get all your dates straight, and seeing your bank account drain in less than 2 hours. I was talking to my Dad about this, and he turned my focus back to the Lord (as he often does). He said “You know Leah, its just money; your heavenly Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills, if you think He wants you to go to Indonesia, you need to trust Him to provide.” So I said, “Ok Lord, I know you want me to go, just help me to trust you with this”. Well, the next day the Lord went ahead and shocked my socks off, and provided from 3 different sources, a good portion of my expenses. I don’t know why I ever doubt that He will provide, I’m just Thankful that he is faithful even when I’m faithless! (2 Tim 2:13).

Thank you for praying as I take this next step in helping reach the unreached!

Because of Him,
Leah Jackson

No comments: