Friday, March 11, 2011

Curtains and Natural Disaster!

One project I have been working on while I'm here is making curtains for Ruth and Bens room and the girls room. This has taken my sewing skills to a whole new level, not that sewing the curtains is difficult, but its in the manner they are created that the trouble arises!
In Indonesia, just about the only type of sewing machine available is the type pictured above, pedal power!

You have to rock this thing back and forth while trying to keep your seems straight, and material in order! It takes a little bit to catch on to and gets jumbled every now and then, but for the most part it works pretty good. But hey, look on the bright side, you get your work out while you are at it!

If you think of it, keep little Addie in your prayers. She has been sick, runny nose, fever, a good wease (sp?) in her chest, and just wants to be held :/. Thank you all so much for your prayers, encouragement, comments and correspondence theses past couple of months, it really is so encouraging! I also wanted to let everyone know that we are safe from the tsunami, we are far enough inland that it did not and will not affect us at all, and as of yet has not hit this island.
It has made me think once again though, just how quickly things can change in life. How I have to take one day at a time, and trust the Lord for the future. Because even though I may think I have it figured out, I don't! And God is the only one who knows what the future holds!

5 comments:

JEves said...

Good job on the posts. . . I was hoping that you would be getting on a little bit of a kick with them! Love the leg workout machine:-)

Leah Jackson said...

Yeah, now that I am taking more pictures its been fun to update! its just so boring if you don't put a picture in there!

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Leah. A little tougher than some of the fancier machines you've used, huh? ;o}

Leah Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah Jackson said...

Thanks! definitely different than fancy pants plug in machines!